States of Jersey deputy veterinarians
For many years now, the Practice has been contracted to the States of Jersey Planning and Environment Department (formerly Department of Agriculture and Fisheries) to provide locum cover and assistance for the States Veterinary Officer (SVO).
This Key position within the Department is currently occupied by Mrs Linda Lowseck MRCVS. Our role as deputies is to perform her essential duties during periods of her absence and to provide local knowledge, veterinary expertise and out of hours cover whenever requested.
We are proud that our practice has the manpower and capacity to fulfil this important commitment. The key services provided by the SVO are to:
- Promote best animal health and welfare practice for all farmed and domestic species by providing advice and investigating adverse welfare complaints.
- Exercise controls to prevent the incursion of notifiable animal, poultry and fish diseases.
- Respond to reports of suspected notifiable disease with commensurate action.
- Protect public health by carrying out the necessary actions at the States Abattoir.
- Facilitate the export of animals and animal products from the island.
- Pet Passports.
Contact directly: http://www.gov.je/pages/contacts.aspx?contactId=243